It’s awfully hot here these days, so today I decided to make use of our overstock of yogurt to cool myself down a little. Of course, I could have taken another trip to the ice cream parlor, but I wanted to go for something low-calorie instead.
You need (serves 1 or 2 depending on their appetite 😉 )
- a freezer
- 2 freezer bags
- about 250g (~8.5oz) plain yogurt (that’s the smallest unit you can buy over here)
- optional: vanilla, sugar, fruit, cookies,…
How it’s done
- Put the yogurt into one of the freezer bags.
- If you want to, you can add some sugar, vanilla, fruit puree, cookie crumbs, or whatever else comes to your mind.
- Seal the bag and check if it’s really closed.
- If you added something to the yogurt, mix carefully kneading the bag with your hands.
- Put the bag with the yogurt into the second bag. (This is just to make sure nothing leaks). Seal the second bag.
- Find a safe place in the freezer and freeze for 1-2 hours. You should quickly knead your yogurt bag every 10-15 minutes to get a smooth texture. You have to be especially attentive once you notice the yogurt freezing. Things go fast from there.
- Your frozen yogurt is done when the whole bag contains a smooth frozen mixture.