I am currently accepting select Fiction and Non-Fiction books for review. You can contact me by using the contact form at the end of this page.
I accept ARCs and finished copies.
I am not accepting self-published books at this time. Sorry.
I enjoy Fiction in the following genres:
- Children’s Books (I sometimes enjoy reading those)
I also enjoy Non-Fiction in the following genres:
- Cookbooks (Will cook some of those recipes myself)
- History (1600-1900)
- Crafts (Will try some of those crafts myself)
I am not accepting books in the following genres:
- Extremely Political or “Hot Button” Topics
- Christian Fiction
I occasionally enjoy the following genres:
- Young Adult
If I accept a book for review, that does not guarantee a review, but it does guarantee promotion through a mention in a “Books I Got” post.
I will make every effort to read and review the book as soon as possible and with regard to release dates, but I cannot guarantee this. I prefer to receive a book 3-4 months prior to when you would like the review posted.
I will write a review for almost every book I finish. Many reviews will also be posted on Amazon, though not all and they may be modified. Some of my reviews are written in colloquial style. They are not meant to be objective literary critiques.
I write honest reviews, but this does not mean I will always write positive reviews. My reviews reflect my personal opinion and my thoughts on a book. If I don’t enjoy a book then my review say that. If I do not finish a book I may write an explanation for not finishing it.
Almost always, I also post my reviews on:
All reviews will include the following:
- A picture of the cover
- The name of the author and the title of the book
- Where I got the book from
- A summary
- My review: my thoughts about the book
- Magic Beans rating
Magic Beans Rating:
A Note For German Publishers
I’m happy to review German-language books, but as this is an English-language blog, the review on my blog will be in English. Of course I’ll post the German book cover and link to your website. I might also post the English book cover alongside the German one and mention the English publishing house too, if the title was originally published in English.
On review platforms like Lovelybooks, Amazon,… I’ll post German reviews for your German title.
Where do our readers come from?
As of October 2014
- 45 % of our visitors are from German-language countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein).
- 41 % are from English-language countries (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand).
- 14 % come from all over the world.