Happy Halloween Everyone!
What are your plans for tonight? Are you going trick-or-treating? I’m baking a very spooky cake and in the evening I’ll transform the waiters at a local bar into scary creatures. 🙂
As I’m in a celebratory mood because of Halloween I thought we might as well do a little giveaway. I’ve been talking a lot about this year’s Man Booker Prize and I’ve even read some long- and shortlisted books (you can find the links below), so I thought let’s celebrate Halloween with someone who has something to celebrate: The Man Booker Prize Winner of 2014 Richard Flanagan and his novel The Narrow Road to the Deep North.
I have to admit that I haven’t read the book yet, but I will do so soon. Penguin Random House UK have been so nice as to offer me five copies of Richard Flanagan’s Booker Prize winning novel to give away. Thank you so much!
What is the book about?¹
Forever after, there were for them only two sorts of men: the men who were on the Line, and the rest of humanity, who were not.
In the despair of a Japanese POW camp on the Burma Death Railway, surgeon Dorrigo Evans is haunted by his love affair with his uncle’s young wife two years earlier. Struggling to save the men under his command from starvation, from cholera, from beatings, he receives a letter that will change his life forever.
Hailed as a masterpiece, Richard Flanagan’s epic novel tells the unforgettable story of one man’s reckoning with the truth.
Like I’ve said before, you can win one of five copies of Richard Flanagan’s The Narrow Road to the Deep North. Please read the Terms & Conditions before entering the giveaway! In the Giveaway Tools form, you will be asked to state what country you come from. I need this information as this is an EU wide giveaway (+ SUI & LIE) with three copies going to winners from German-speaking countries and two copies to winners from any EU countries. The second question will be the very tricky 😉 quiz question. So all you have to do to enter is read the Terms & Conditions and, if you are eligible, do everything Giveaway Tools asks you for. Fingers crossed!
Terms & Conditions:
- This giveaway is open to residents of all EU countries, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- You have to be 16 or older to participate.
- The giveaway runs from October 31, 2014 until November 7 , 2014.
- Be fair! One entry per person/immediate family/household.
- Neither Penguin Random House UK nor I are responsible for lost or damaged items. There will be five winners who will each receive one English language copy of Richard Flanagan’s The Narrow Road to the Deep North, sponsored by Penguin Random House UK.
- Three books are allotted to residents of German-speaking countries (1 book: Austria, 1 book: Switzerland and Liechtenstein, 1 book: Germany). If there is no entry from one of the aforementioned countries, this country’s allotted book will be added to the EU lot.
- You have to enter through Giveaway Tools.
- The winner will be selected at random and notified via e-mail. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours, another winner will be drawn.
- The personal information you enter will only be used to contact you in case you win. It will be deleted after the giveaway.
- I can amend and interpret these official rules at any time, and terminate, suspend or cancel the giveaway at any time for any reason.
- All decisions are final.
The Man Booker Prize 2014 books I’ve read:
- Fowler, Karen Joy We are all Completely Beside Ourselves
- Nicholls, David Us
- Mitchell, David The Bone Clocks
- Williams, Niall History of the Rain
If you like my blog, I would be very happy if you’d come back from time to time! Happy Halloween!