And to the creators of this award: Thanks for this wonderful award. 🙂 But do you have any idea how hard it is to find 10 blogs with less than 200 followers? We found 4 among those we were already following and then we spent about 2 hours to find another 6 that fulfilled the criteria and that we liked. Of course we only wanted to give the award to blogs that we really liked. Unfortunately we couldn’t find any search engine out there to look for recently created blogs. How awful is that? (not that you, dear award creators, are responsible for that) Rant over 😀 Still, we feel very honored and are very happy to have received this award 🙂
The Liebster Award is a way to help new blogs with less than 200 followers to gain new followers. By awarding the Liebster award, we can show our followers that there are other great blogs out there to explore.
- Link back the blogger that tagged you;
- Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you;
- Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate;
- Let your nominees know of their award.
Joana has prepared 10 questions for us to answer:
1. What are you currently reading?
Darklittle: The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen and Provence,1970 by Luke Barr
Miss Treegarden: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
2. Do you have any weird bookish habits?
Miss Treegarden: Not that I can think of.
Darklittle: I like to smell and stroke books, but I think that’s something most book lovers do, right?
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Darklittle: That’s a though one. I could be biased here, but right now that would be Life After Life by Kate Atkinson 😀
Miss Treegarden: Tricky question, but I guess I wouldn’t have wanted to miss out on Night Train to Lisbon by Peter Bieri alias Pascal Mercier.
4. Which is your favourite secondary character?
Miss Treegarden: Difficult to decide on. I really like Ben’s grandmother from Gangsta Granny by David Walliams. She’s hilarious!
Darklittle: Oh dear… I don’t like these decisions. I think it’s Eeyore from A. A. Milne’s Tales of Winnie-The-Pooh.
5. What is your main blogging goal at the moment?
To make us and our readers happy 🙂
6. Do you prefer series or stand-alones?
Darklittle: Until about a year ago, I really liked series, but I became tired of them. Now I really prefer stand-alones!
Miss Treegarden: Usually I decide on stand-alones, because I’m eager to experience a great variety of stories. But should I get hold of book which is part of a series and I like it, I am happy to read the sequels and often can’t wait for the latest books to be released. Sometimes, there are books with an open ending and I really wish for a sequel, which might, however, never be published.
7. What made you decide to create a blog?
Darklittle: I wanted to share my thoughts on English-language literature.
8. If you could meet any author, who would you choose?
Miss Treegarden: This one I know for sure: Roald Dahl.
Darklittle: Hmm… another tough one. J. M. Barrie, or Michael Bond perhaps 🙂
9. What has been your happiest moment as a blogger?
Darklittle: I think the day I realized that there were a bunch of people following my blog and that some of them were actually reading what I wrote 😉
Miss Treegarden: Reading my first post and getting three likes in a row 🙂 I thought, wow, someone is actually reading this and they seem to like it 🙂
10. What made you want to start a blog?
Darklittle: Didn’t I already answer this question? 😀
And this are our 10 questions:
- What is the first book that you can remember “reading”?
- Do you have a book recommendation for Halloween?
- What is your opinion on memes like “Waiting on Wednesday”? Do you like them? Do you use them?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- How do you prefer to read? / Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your favorite genre?
- Which three adjectives would choose to describe your favorite character.
- Do you think the names of the characters in novels are important?
- Which place would you set up as a meeting point (fact of fictional), if you got the chance to meet your favorite character.
- Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?
We nominate the following 10 blogs:
zeteticat from Bookish Habits
Ciska from Ciska’s Book Chest
Rose from i LIVE LITERARY
holliekins from Much Ado About Books
Scentfragrance from Scentfragrance
Helois from Stain On The Page
Melanie from the coffee club (and me) (We can’t see how many followers you have, but we like your blog, so we nominated you)
Donata Bichler from Donatas Bücher
RoteZora from Dreams about Books
Ina_Kzeptabel from Ina_Kzeptabel(t)